In message <20120627171519.GB6735@inf.puc-rio.br> you wrote:

> The fact that a chunk is a block does not mean that any block is a
> chunk. Chunks do not nest (unlike blocks). A chunk is an outermost block
> which you feed to "load".

I had better rephrase my previous email. So:

OK, the concept for which I had been wrongly using these words is one
for which I am ignorant of the right terminology. I think I mean a
subblock that is maximal with the property that were an
enclosing block to be preceded by a local declaration the local
variable would be in scope in the whole subblock.

So for example in

do x = a(); y = b() end

the subblocks x = a() and y = b() are not maximal, even though
they are in the scope of foo in

  do local foo = 57;  x = a(); y = b() end

On the other hand x = a(); y = b() is maximal.

Is this making any sense?

--
Gavin Wraith (gavin@wra1th.plus.com)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/