On 26 June 2012 23:48, Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Fernando Ariznavarreta Fdez.
> <ariznaf@uniovi.es> wrote:
>> Do you think it is a real posibility? Is it that difficulto to compile IUP,
>> CD and IM libraries to iOS and Android?
>
> any GUI library is developed against a given graphic platform; android
> and iOS are really different from win32 and Xlib.  'compiling' would
> in fact mean 'porting' to a new platform.

Well, you can run Qt on Android [1], you can run Lua on Android, and
you can use Qt from Lua [2]. I'm not saying it will work, but in
theory, if someone has a lot of free time.... :)

> on top of that, you really don't want a windowing GUI on a touch-based
> device.  these are very different beasts.

Well, you can use Qt [1] and Mono [3] on Android, both of which are
primarily a "windowing GUI" framweworks. Qt is used a lot on embedded
devices (owned by Nokia).

[1] http://sourceforge.net/p/necessitas/home/necessitas/
[2] https://github.com/mkottman/lqt
[3] http://xamarin.com/monoforandroid