> From:  "Fernando Ariznavarreta Fdez." <ariznaf@ingdes.org>
>Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 07:35:09 -0400
>From: thomas@cranksoftware.com
>To: lua-l@lists.lua.org
>Subject: Re: Best framework to LUA developing in Tablets? Is it possible?
>

>I found the software quite interesting for embebed system development.
>But it seems too advance and sophiticated for our modest intent.
>We just try to make a "standard app" that could be run under several
>tablet platforms, no to develop
>a sophiticated embebded system.
> And users should be able to download the app just as they do with other
>apps for their platform (iOS or Android).
> Installing an embeded runtime for running the app is not an option (I
>could not understand if crank software installs its > own runtime in the
>tablet target or compiles to the target).

> But crank software has several products under storyboard umbrella, may
>be I am missing the point an there is really a >
> product for what we want: develop the user interface using a RAD tool
>and program logic under Lua.

> I am not asking for free software, but our budget is limited (we can not
>afford a 2000$ license fee, don¡t know the price > of storyboard suite).

> Thank you for your guidance, I would be gratefull if you can clarify
>some of my questions about storyboard.

One of the embedded targets that Storyboard can generate a package for is
Android.  In this case what
Storyboard will generate will be an APK that can be dropped onto any phone
or tablet (or other Android
based device).

While Storyboard can certainly be used to develop sophisticated embedded
user interfaces, it can also be
used to quickly generate simple single screen applications.  If you
download the full evaluation (free)
then you will see just how quickly you can build an application if you
have some of the images from the
UI that you want to incorporate.  What you can do in 5 minutes with
Storyboard is typically a day or
more of work with most environments.

Of course as you mention, Storyboard is a commercial product so that may
hinder your ability to select
it, but I would certainly encourage you to give it a try.

Thanks,
 Thomas