Hi Steve,

  Thanks for winapi module. I did already see your announcements before but never tried it before, and it will help me a lot for my current project. For example, now I can remove the ugly calls to io.popen('net use','r') to get the network drives jejeje

  However, I have some problems to make callbacks working with my program. I'm writting a GUI application that uses wxLua. I read that when using wxLua, to make your winapi module events working, we need to call winapi.use_gui(). My objective is to use watch_for_file_changes, but I made also some tries with make_timer to verify if it works. I then tried with:

  ud, err = winapi.watch_for_file_changes('E:\\', winapi.FILE_NOTIFY_CHANGE_LAST_WRITE+winapi.FILE_NOTIFY_CHANGE_FILE_NAME, true,
            function(what, who)
                print(what,who)
            end
            )

  and

  ud, err = winapi.make_timer(500, function() print('tick') end)

  First I tried with use_gui, calling this function before to require the wx module, before to call the wx event loop and in the event loop (because I didn't know where I had to call it), but nothing worked. But when I removed the call to use_gui and called winapi.sleep(-1), the events worked.

  Do you have any idea about what I'm missing?

  Thanks a lot,

  Alexandre

Alexandre Rion
Fuel and Fire Department (MEYGU)