From: "Fernando Ariznavarreta Fdez." <ariznaf@ingdes.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:48:50 +0200
To: <lua-l@lists.lua.org>
Subject: Best framework to LUA developing in Tablets? Is it possible?

Hello all.

I am pretty new to LUA.

I had heard of it over a year or so, but thought it was just for game development.

Now we are looking forward to develop some small software utilities for engineers to be used with a tablet.

We would like to run de apps in iPads and Android tablets (and probably windows 8 in the future).

Having the apps running under windows o linux would be great (in a traditional form, with keyboard and mouse).

[ Other general requirements for product development snipped ]

You might find Crank Software's Storyboard Suite to be of interest [1].

It supports most major embedded platforms including Android and Linux based platforms.  It is designed specifically for
application UI development and supports a "direct from PSD" model for initial application import meaning that you
don't have to spend time mucking around trying to re-skin widgets to get the look and feel you want.

Of course relevant to your main question ... all of its glue logic and system integration is done using Lua!

Thomas

[1] http://www.cranksoftware.com/storyboard