Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com> writes:
> MISRA C, known to some as MISERABLE C, is a subset of C where all the
> features that people who shouldn't be programming use incorrectly are
> forbidden.

It's been a long time since I read the MISRA C docs, but I recall
like 60% of the rules being pretty reasonable (given the goals),
maybe 25% annoying and unnecessary, but basically "acceptable"
(if you grit your teeth a lot and take to drink) -- and the
remaining 15% completely and utterly insane.

Sadly, those deciding "hey lets use <hyped up thing X>" don't
tend to be very nuanced in their decisions...

-miles

--
Electricity, n. The cause of all natural phenomena not known to be caused by
something else.