[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: LuaJIT on solaris
- From: DeN Apelgants <toden@...>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 00:30:10 +0400
While evaluating LuaJIT for solaris 64 we have found 2 problems:
1. there is a problem with creating dynamic library â thread http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2011-06/msg00415.html. Probably we can live with static one but it is interesting to sort it out.
2. AFAIU LuaJIT uses custom memory allocator and wants to allocate some memory (using mmap(2) under 4GiB boundary on 64-bit platforms. mmap(2) on linux accepts special flag for this (MAP_32BIT), FreeBSD and MacOSX honors hint given as first mmap() argument, but Solaris always returns memory from high half of 64-bit address space (here is a thread about FreeBSD support http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2010-10/msg00625.html). Is it possible to support/workaround?