Hi all,

as first thing I would like to thank both the Lua language creators: Roberto Ierusalimschy, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo, Waldemar Celes and the LuaJIT creator: Mike Pall, for their really excellent work.

I can honestly say that, having discovered Lua(JIT) just by accident, it has allowed me to make significant progresses on some scientific projects I have been working on in my spare time.

On a related note, I have decided to progressively release a number of libraries with scientific computing focus.

As such libraries currently target LuaJIT 2.0, it was my intention to make the announcement on the LuaJIT mailing list if nobody is against it. Please let me know if there are objections to this :-)

Stefano