Hi list,

The Nmap Scripting Engine recently upgraded to Lua 5.2. I would like
to change all uses of the bit library [2] (thanks Reuben Thomas!) to
bit32. I vaguely recall some pitfalls or incompatibilities
(differences in behavior) the new bit32 library has with the old one.
Does someone know what these are before I suggest a massive
find/replace? A pointer to the discussion on lua-l would suffice but
all the threads back then are mired in flame wars and so are difficult
to sift through.

[Please note, I'm not asking about Mike Pall's BitOp library.]

[1] http://luaforge.net/projects/bitlib/

--
- Patrick Donnelly