In message <20120618134335.GC28753@inf.puc-rio.br> you wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/2bo2un3
>
> (No, it is not off-topic.)

Thank you, Roberto, for the URL to a charming and wise article. I am
now 73 years old and when I was small the custom to leave children
to their own devices was more prevalent than it is today. My heart
sinks when I see children being organized by adults, usually more
foolish than themselves. Infantilization by the media is probably
government policy in many parts of the world (e.g. the Olympics).

As to being off-topic ... I did read, perfunctorily, a certain message
on Lua-list recently, containing a number of queries. I decided neither
to reply nor to read any of the follow-ups, as the prognosis for anything
constructive seemed slight. Whether I was correct I shall not ask.
As Cicero said, multa tacui.

--
Gavin Wraith (gavin@wra1th.plus.com)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/