If you allow a user defined function, don't worry about the caller.
Then it becomes their problem to deal with the hard cases if they need
them. (If they do, then they probably have a specific solution that
will work for their own problem.)

--
Beginning iPhone Games Development
http://playcontrol.net/iphonegamebook/