> Maybe it is possible to allow an user defined (set of) sort function(s)?
> e.g. "sortkey=my_sorter_function"

It may be possible to do that, but it's not clear what the caller
would do in this case either.

It *may* be possible to sort the tables based on their serialized
*values*, which would be consistent, but the logic for that was
getting too complex, so I removed it.

I'm considering another option, which is to sort the serialized
values, but it has its own challenges as the order in which those
values are produced is always the correct one for deserialization and
the sorting may break that.

In the end, it may be one of the rare cases not worth worrying too much about.

Paul.