While we are on the topic of LuaDist, does anyone know if it is
possible to use it to build wxLua binary for Win/MacOS/Linux
platforms?

By looking at this ticket
(https://github.com/LuaDist/Repository/issues/15) it seems like there
has been some work done, but has anyone tried to actually build it? I
have tried with the instructions for wxLua (from
http://wxlua.sourceforge.net/) and it was quite painful. I got it
working for MacOS, but am looking for something simpler and more
repeatable. I'm mostly interested in MacOS/Linux as I already have
binaries for Windows, but wouldn't mind to upgrade if there is a newer
wxwidget version across all three platforms.

Paul.