On 5 June 2012 21:45, Arie van Wingerden <xapwing@gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> please help me a bit with LuaDist. I think I get stuck in the docs; I did
> the following (in 32bits Win7):
>  2) download LuaDist package:

For most purposes you could stop there. The bin/ directory already
contains lua.exe (and some other executables), and many Lua modules
are stored in the lib/lua/ directory. This package should be usable
out-of-the box.

Module lookup is set up so that it is relative to the Lua executable,
so you can move the directory anywhere you want and it "should work"
as expected - it is meant as a portable Lua installation.