On 22-05-2012 09:41, Tezduyar Lindskog, Umut wrote:

I have 2 different threads and each thread is creating an instance of lua_State and only working with the one that it have created. Is there any part of the lua runtime that will not be thread safe even though they only work with their own lua_State?

I have looked at the symbols of the compiled lua library and there are no variables going into data or bss section. This makes me believe that it is safe to have each thread its own lua_State to work with but I would like to get your input.

A lua_State is completly isolated, so they are thread safe. (Has been since Lua 4.0)

/Erik