Hello,

I've just ported lua to an IBM mainframe, z/OS system. All was cool until I optimized and now I am getting segmentation faults. I'm wondering if this is a build problem or a nasty bug.

Find below the stack trace. The problem is due to strlen() failing due to a bad address which is 0x7fff0100. Unfortunately when I compile with debug it goes away.

  Traceback:
    DSA   Entry       E  Offset  Statement   Load Mod             Program Unit                   Service  Status
    1     CEEHDSP     +00004220              CEEPLPKA             CEEHDSP                        HLE7780  Call
    2     luaO_chunkid+00000058  255         lua                                                          Exception
    3     luaG_runerror
                      +000000F0  548         lua                                                          Call
    4     luaV_execute+00001238  776         lua                                                          Call
    5     luaD_call   +000000D8  393         lua                                                          Call
    6     callTM      +0000012E  94          lua                                                          Call
    7     luaV_gettable
                      +0000011C  119         lua                                                          Call
    8     luaV_execute+0000029C  575         lua                                                          Call
    9     luaD_call   +000001D0  391         lua                                                          Call
    10    f_call      +00000078  920         lua                                                          Call
    11    luaD_rawrunprotected
                      +000000AE  132         lua                                                          Call
    12    luaD_pcall  +00000086  589         lua                                                          Call
    13    lua_pcallk  +000000DC  945         lua                                                          Call
    14    handle_script
                      +0000019A  179         lua                                                          Call
    15    pmain       +00000312  469         lua                                                          Call
    16    luaD_precall+00000150  317         lua                                                          Call
    17    luaD_call   +000001BC  391         lua                                                          Call
    18    f_call      +00000078  920         lua                                                          Call
    19    luaD_rawrunprotected
                      +000000AE  132         lua                                                          Call
    20    luaD_pcall  +00000086  589         lua                                                          Call
    21    lua_pcallk  +000000DC  945         lua                                                          Call
    22    main        +0000018A  495         lua                                                          Call
    23    EDCZMINV    +000000C2              CEEEV003                                                     Call
    24    CEEBBEXT    +000001C4              CEEPLPKA             CEEBBEXT                       HLE7780  Call