On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Salvador Balaguer <s.b.macia@gmail.com> wrote:
> list for how to make an exe, and found some indications, as using Luiz's
> luac, and it worked with other lua files. But then comes the 'require "lfs"

Yes, that's exactly the problem!  Luiz has a tool called srlua, which
will 'glue' a Lua executable to a Lua script. This works for simple
cases, straightforward. But there are two problems:

 - you have a binary module (here lfs) which the executable does not contain
 - you have a group of files that you need to make into one script

That is what luabuild (https://github.com/stevedonovan/luabuild) tries
to solve;  it uses soar (which Jay Carlson wrote because he found
Squish too complicated) to do the 'packing' into one script, and uses
srlua to attach this to an executable.  It includes Lua 5.2 and makes
a custom build that contains the external libraries you need.

It does not have very friendly documentation but I am happy to assist;
it works fine on Windows, both MS cl and mingw gcc. (which is what
DevC uses)

steve d.