On 6 May 2012, at 17:52, Bruce Wheaton wrote:

> It gets called and works fine - leave the stack with the original stack, plus a function and my new results, and returns the number of results. It works with 1 or more results.

From the lua 5.2 manual:

Whenever Lua calls C, the called function gets a new stack, which is independent of previous stacks and of stacks of C functions that are still active. This stack initially contains any arguments to the C function and it is where the C function pushes its results to be returned to the caller (see lua_CFunction).