This is sort of cumbersome, just wondering how other people do this;

Currently when debugging C libs using Visual Studio 2008, this is what I do;

- build lib from VS, with a post build script that copies the output to the Lua install

- I start a Lua script from SciTE, that starts with ‘io.read()’

 - With that script started, I use menu ‘debug /attach to process’

- Select the ‘lua.exe’ process

- Press enter in SciTE to actually commence executing code (and loading the c lib)

Now VS nicely picks up my breakpoints.

As said, its quite cumbersome, any hints/tips from other VS users on making this easier?

Thijs

PS. I also noticed that any printf statements in my C code do not actually show up in the SciTE output window, only when exiting the lua.exe everything is printed (apparently it gets queued somewhere)