On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Tim Caswell <tim@creationix.com> wrote:
> those in lua, trust me).  Then on top of that lua, have a basic network
> aware lua engine that works somewhat like a web browser.

In fact, LuaKit would do the job nicely - so the desktop is a
'chromeless' browser (to use the old pre-Google expression) and most
Lua applications are local web applets.

It _could_ be done, and it would be entertaining; so your thinking
about the right niche is the way to go...don't redo the old-fashioned
power desktop, or chase the current mobile-for-desktop movement -
Something DIfferent.

steve d.