On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Rena <hyperhacker@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 05:19, sergei karhof <karhof21@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 5:25 AM, Alessandro Delgado
>> <adelgado1313@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> What I'd /really/ like would be a fully Lua-based operating system. Sure,
>>> some some C or assembler here and there, but the least possible.

> I've always wanted to see an "OS" written in Lua, which in reality

It's interesting to see this type of discussion: over there in the
Ruby community it came (or: comes) up from time to time, sometimes in
the variant of wanting a Ruby shell (note: there is already IRB, pry
and rush).  Apparently some fans of a scripting language are so
enthralled by the respective language that they deem it desirable to
extend that language's usage to all aspects of a shell / an operating
system.  These things rarely come into existence (or fill a niche
only) so globally the communities do not seem to agree that it's such
a good idea, because resources invested in these kinds of projects
seem rather low.  Maybe it is, maybe it isn't - I don't want to judge.
 Maybe the phenomenon is more interesting on the human level, i.e.
what does it tells us about us that these kinds of things come up from
time to time?

> --
> Sent from my toaster.

Greetings to your toaster.  I hope he cooled down by now.  ;-)

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/