Not currently following the List very closely, I was smirking when I
saw this, is this #-discussion going over 50 emails, again :-)
I know I'd rather just shut up, but there is some meta-statement I
want to add, which I've been recently discussing on a different
mailing list:

If something comes up again and again and again, one could argue, it
are the people that are the problem by not understanding something
correctly. But, it usually is also a very good indication that
something actually is amiss. We should accept this, "o.k. there is a
problem, maybe we have to say we don't know a solution, maybe sometime
later we can come up with something, but now lets live with it.", but
what many communities are doing in contrast is arguing the problem
away, they call it a "feature" or even their "way of doing things", or
they say the people are the problem.

But like a Human-Computer-Interface (HCI) expert I watched once in an
interview said about his HCI-tests. If one or two (test) persons got a
problem with an interface, that doesn't mean much, but if it happens
repeatedly, there is something to be improved on the interface. And in
a sense, computer language design is a HCI.