>So I like the idea of Toulouse, just not the date. Also, associating
>the workshop with a conference is a new step for us, and might well
>put pressure on available (budget) accomodation.

The rest of the conference will attract people mostly from the Toulouse
area so this should have a very minor impact on hotels availability and
stuff. And the participation to the workshop itself would be free.
Also, keep in mind that while the Lua workshop would be part of a bigger
conference, there would still be a dedicated room, and dedicated social
events.

Oh, and the weather in Toulouse is not that grim, even at the end of
November :-)

Benjamin.