On 4/14/2012 6:31 PM, Alexander Gladysh wrote:
On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 13:26, KHMan wrote:
On 4/14/2012 2:47 PM, Alexander Gladysh wrote:
Often, when I search for Lua API calls, Lua manual is not even on the
first page.

For example: https://www.google.ru/search?q=lua_rawset

Perhaps some SEO is in order?

[snip]
Since the manuals at lua.org look like just the usual docs (not like
definitions + annotations + comments), why not a local copy? I use this
bookmark all the time:

  file:///Y:/Src/lua-5.2.0/doc/contents.html#index

This is not my point. I myself should manage somehow :)

I worry about newbies, who should see the canonical source, not some
bugs forum stuff.

Relying on a Google search for API calls is too fragile, IMHO.

Probably newbies will just have to learn by using their grey cells. Back in the old days, self reliance and systematic problem solving are valuable skills. I'm sorry if I don't sound too enthused about hand-holding... :-)

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)