On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 14:11, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
>> people to use the code (or even see it, for some purists), he did not
>> share the code to those people. So these people rightly complain that
>> they were left out.
>
> Ah, but they could be _nicer_ about it; otherwise it's as Miles said,
> it's just people getting a few kicks in.

It is always good to be nice to others.

> A person has a right to be offended by that.

Well, a person has a right to be offended by the fact that someone
publishes code under GPL and not on GitHub. :-)

Okay, seriously, I think that a Lua Users wiki page about licenses may
be a nice thing to have — so that instead of ranting impolitely each
time about a non-MIT license we could just politely give him a link.
(Note: it should not be anti-GPL, just explain consequences.)

Anyone knows a good generic "how to pick a license for your opensource
project" article?

Alexander.