License issues are *not* nitpicking, no matter what your position about GPL is!

And, if someone shared code under license that does not allow some
people to use the code (or even see it, for some purists), he did not
share the code to those people. So these people rightly complain that
they were left out.

So if someone shares code but not under a particular person's terms, in a way that is most suited for his or her purposes or others who might be in a similar position or of a similar attitude then he is effectively not sharing and the other person has a right to complain.  I only hope there are no people on this list who feel that effective and true sharing requires me to transfer copyrights to them because otherwise the code would be of no use for their purposes.