Am 10.04.2012 09:56, schrieb Dimitris Papavasiliou:
    What impact does the license of a Lua module have on the requiring (i.e.
    calling) Lua program?

In case this is about luaprompt I should note that I'll be re-releasing
it under the MIT license once I figure out exactly how to do that since
it is part of a larger project which I'd like to keep GPL'd.

That is good news, thanks for considering a license change. My initial question, however, was raised because I wrote a Lua binding for xine-lib, the Video decoder library. Until I realised that xone-lib is GPL, not LGPL.

After the feedback I got, I will toss this work and look for another solution to add video playback to LuaMotif. Maybe LuaMotif will just execute a binary that uses xine-lib. That binary would then be GPL.

We'll see...