Am 06.04.12 02:28, schrieb Steve Litt:
> On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 10:19:46 +0200
> Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch> wrote:
>
>> LuaMotif if a Lua binding for OpenMotif.  The rationale behind it is
>> to create GUIs in a declarative style as described in the article on
>> http://www.vnode.ch/lua_gui.
>>
>> The source code is now on https://github.com/mbalmer/luamotif ready to
>> be cloned.
>>
>> Remember to define some X resources for your applications, by default
>> OpenMotif is now known for the beauty of the programs created with
>> it ;)
>>
>> Enjoy!
>
> Thanks Marc,
>
> When would one use LuaMotif, and when would one use wxLua? I'm not
> familiar with declarative style, but a glance at the website you
> referenced looked quite a bit like wxPython.

I can not answer that question.  But imo, to use LuaMotif one need to
have at least basic Motif and X/Xt knowledge.  Motif is not very new and
it took the Open Group way too long to release at least a somewhat open
source version (OpenMotif), and in this time, other toolkits like GTK
etc. have seen the light.  There was even a free Motif clone, Lesstiff.

I am using LuaMotif because we applications written in C that already
use OpenMotif, so we can scipt them in Lua.

MotifZone – Where Motif Lives!
http://www.openmotif.org/

The Motif Programming Manual
http://www.ist.co.uk/motif/motif_prog.html