LuaProxy is a module to manipulate a Lua state from another state.  We
use this in our web applications, where one state is used for doing the
real work (access to the DB, calculation etc.) and a separate state is
used to do the page rendering.  So the rendering state, which renders
templates created by third party folks, has no direct access to the
database etc.

Dunno how useful this is as a standalone module, but maybe it is, so
here it is: https://github.com/mbalmer/luaproxy

- mb

PS:  Like all our modules, this is written in C.