Am 04.04.12 17:59, schrieb Sam Roberts:
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM, Dimitris Papavasiliou
> <dpapavas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Maybe there are other better solutions.
>
> There is, use git-svn to bidirectionally push history to github, and
> pull any changes people give you back.
>
> Btw, there is a link on github that will pull the head as a tarball,
> so its a decent way of pulling tarballs, too.
>
> svn workflow would look something like below (google around for better
> info, my details might be wrong):
>
> # svn -> github
>
> git svn clone svn://svn.example.com/stuff/trunk/lua/joey joey
> git remote add origin git@github.com:your.username/joey.git
> git push origin
>
> # github -> svn
>
> git pull
> git svn rebase
> git svn dcommit

While this seems technically possible, it means quite some work.  And I
don't really want the files history to be public, the commit messages
often contain internal stuff.

Publishing as tarballs seems best to me, although already that means
additional work for not much gain... ;)

It's a dilemma.  Publish or not?