On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 16:21:51 -0400
> Patrick Donnelly <batrick@batbytes.com> wrote:

>> > Holding it in the US is a no-go for, well, at least me.  I would
>> > prefer to hold it in a free country.
>>
>> Can we not policize the discussion? : /
>>
>> --
>> - Patrick Donnelly
>
> I completely agree with non-politicization, and strenuously object to
> the way Marc characterized his remark. Nevertheless, the arrest of
> Dmitry Sklyarov for DMCA related charges (see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitry_Sklyarov) might be relevant to a
> lot of peoples' decisions.

Show me a free country and I'll show you a ridiculous way of getting
arrested/traumatized/offended. Point is, *every country* has good
reasons for being excluded from consideration. Of course, if we
excluded every country, we *would* have to hold the workshop on Lua.

With that said, let's all please stop talking about it.

> Myself, I'd like it in Orlando, Florida so I could drive there in 20
> minutes. But before you even ask, I'm not capable of putting this thing
> together.

*People who can't host but want to express interest in going should
add their name to the wiki along with any sort of travel
restrictions*:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaWorkshopTwoThousandTwelve

--
- Patrick Donnelly