On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 18:01:17 +0000
Ousmane Roland Yonaba <roland.yonaba@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been using Lua for some time, most of all doing games of many
> platforms...Actually I'm not a computer engineer, and I never took a
> computer class....I am more a computer enthusiast, and making my
> self-learning while googling over the net.
>
> I once discovered, reading PIL, the possibility of making pseudo OOP
> using Lua syntax...It came to my mind the idea of writing a tiny
> library for that purpose...Yes, I may have been tried to reinvent the
> wheel (because several exist, not to mention ClassLib, LOOP, maxOOP,
> sOOL, and the whole like) but hey, I tried to do moething of my how.
>
> I just wanted some critics from people more experienced in Lua.So
> would you please have a look at my work and let me know what's wrong,
> or what's good and what's need to be rewrite in this library ? Thanks
> so much in advance for reading me.
>
> Link to qOOP : http://qooplua.codeplex.com/
>
> Regards,
> Roland Y.

Hi Roland,

I'd like to congratulate you on your excellent technique I thought only
I used...

and a lot of time there's no response at all. So I've found the next
step is to just do it -- just write it yourself, and then publish it,
just like what you did. All of a sudden, everyone comes forth with a
suggestion for a better way. You incorporate the suggestions you feel
are relevant, and bang, you not only have an answer to your question,
but you have an answer crafted by several of the best and brightest
minds on the list.

I'd suggest this method to everyone. Just because nobody answers your
question doesn't mean the answer doesn't exist -- it doesn't even mean
that nobody on the list KNOWS the answer. It simply means they didn't
have the time to thoroughly read your question, or they thought you
should do more RTFM, or whatever. Once you post your own solution, the
critic in them demands that they improve on your solution, often with
insults to your solution, but let the insults roll off like water off a
duck's back.

:-)

SteveT