Hi, thanks for your answer, I have been looking at the source for a while now but I can't derive much usefulness from it. However I am also looking at RazorQt's source (which has been helpful for some other information) and it appears the function XChangeProperty is used for this. I've been Googling to see is there's a way to use this function from Lua but not luck so far.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Rena <hyperhacker@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 04:51, Ralf Van Bogaert
<ralf.vanbogaert@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm developing a desktop environment intended for use on Linux/X11, using
> LuaJIT and Qt (through lqt).
>
> To prevent maximized windows overlapping my any toolbars, I need to set
> struts for window managers to respect.
>
> Qt does not support this directly, it appears I need to talk to X11 to
> achieve this. I'm currently looking at some command line utilities to see if
> they can do this (such as wmctrl or xdotool) but it doesn't seem like they
> can. Maybe this can be done through LuaJIT FFI functionality?
>
> Anybody able to help?
>
> Regards
>
> Ralf

I know Awesome window manager supports this, and uses Lua. Maybe look
at it for hints?

--
Sent from my toaster.