Hello,

I'm developing a desktop environment intended for use on Linux/X11, using LuaJIT and Qt (through lqt).

To prevent maximized windows overlapping my any toolbars, I need to set struts for window managers to respect.

Qt does not support this directly, it appears I need to talk to X11 to achieve this. I'm currently looking at some command line utilities to see if they can do this (such as wmctrl or xdotool) but it doesn't seem like they can. Maybe this can be done through LuaJIT FFI functionality?

Anybody able to help?

Regards

Ralf