On 25/03/2012 19.01, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
One characterisitc of these tests is that all of them seem to be
dominated by GC times. On one hand, that means they are not actually
focusing on the changes in 5.2.1. On the other hand, it may mean that
those changes have little impact on total program time. (As I said, most
programs that use long strings as indices produce these long strings
dynamically, and so the time to create and collect them makes indexing
time not relevant.)

I tried to write some significant tests about string concatenation with short and long strings, but I realized they were not significant at all, for the same reason.

--
  Enrico