On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 01:13, liam mail <liam.list@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 19 March 2012 21:06, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> strptime[1] or maybe another implementation such as [2] which is BSD

>> How would this help me to parse "yesterday" or "week ago" as a date?

> Well for them you could just adjust the tm struct which is ANSI.

Yes, of course. But I'd have to decide on specs for these phrases,
code the parser, write a bunch of tests... Lots of work, no time. A
third-party library would be preferable. Or a fellow open-source
community to help design and write one at least :-)

Alexander.