Hello All,

I'm looking at rewriting a web application server framework that I wrote in C a few years ago in Lua (as much as possible). It's basically a framework for testing various web server designs (ie; evented, threaded, pipeline,  app specific etc.) I'm trying to decide if I should write the request parser in pure Lua or do an ffi binding to the C code. I've read about instances where pure Lua can actually offer a performance benefit over the Lua/C combination. Has anyone had any experiences where a comparison could be made between the two approaches? It would take some time to create a reasonable test, so I was hoping for some advice on how to proceed. Performance in this case is pretty important, so I would probably go with the approach fills that requirement best. The overall goal is to make writing test designs quicker and easier.

Thanks for your time,
-G