Nothing has been easier for me than Perforce (P4).
Not only that, but I feel it's also easier on the non-tech folks to use it. This is what I've been using at work for the last 10 years.

For home projects I'm using git (github), and cloning/pulling/sometimes even patching using mercurial (gles-libs), fossil (tcl, tk, sqlite), bzr (launchpad stuff from ubuntu), and even some others. Also CVS/SVN where projects are still relying on them.