On 09/03/2012 4.03, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
Agree it's a location best avoided.

I apologize for this glitch (and again for my previous message in Portuguese).
However, it does not warrant a release of Lua 5.1.6, does it?

From a strict technical POV, most probably not, but since it should be the last release of 5.1 branch maybe it is a "marketing" issue: it would give a "bad feeling", especially since 5.1 is not going to be ditched by people any time soon (LuaJit compatibility comes to mind, or wxLua, which is still based on 5.1).

Probably as a "legacy version" it would be better to make it 5.1.6. Maybe unfreeze it and wait till more people has the time for testing the whole distro better?

-- Lorenzo