I guess my advice was bad, because retry probably ignored the assert, and something worse happened.

But the dump is good idea, but needs to be taken when the assert happens.

You can do that using ProcExp.

Download it from here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb795533

Now once your application has stopped in that assert window (lua.exe that is), then follow the instructions below - e.g. find lua.exe (not System as it's shown in the picture below) and take a dump.

http://computersecuritystudent.com/FORENSICS/Proccess_Tools/lesson1/index.58.jpg

Full dump is preffered, but it might contain sensitive information (client information), then one can inspect it easier.

Mini dump would not have any memory dumps, so it's probably safer to start from there.

Once you have this, upload it, and someone can open the dump file.
I've opened the other dump file that you've sent to MS, but it crashes in odbc.dll.