> Now I'm curious, when is Lua's birthday?

We shall celebrate 20 years of Lua next year but we don't know an exact
birth date for Lua...

In 2003 we released the code of Lua 1.0 to celebrate 10 years of Lua:
	http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-1.0.tar.gz

However, Lua 1.0 was never publicly released and the code above is just
a snapshot of the status of Lua on 28 Jul 1993. This is the date of the
files we have found. There are dates written in comments in those files
and they indicate that the code was written around April and May 1993.

The first public release of Lua was Lua 1.1, released on 08 Jul 1994
and described in the SEMISH 94 paper:
	http://www.lua.org/semish94.html
	http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-1.1.tar.gz
	http://compilers.iecc.com/comparch/article/94-07-051