Thanks a lot for this! I have been expecting this for a lot of time (i have even thought about creating a thick binding). Congrats!

On 02/11/2012 02:15 AM, Ezequiel García wrote:
Hello all,

I've been working on a DirectFB binding for Lua for some time now and
it has grown into
something usable.

https://github.com/ezequielgarcia/directfb-lua

For those of you that have no idea what am I talking about:
- Lua is a really GREAT language that can be embedded almost anywhere.
- DirectFB is a (not so) thin library that let you do wonders on top
of a framebuffer.

Moreover, I think Lua is a great glue language and this binding has
been very helpful when trying new DFB functions, testing some code or
looking for a bug.

You will find it is much much easier to write a small test script in
Lua than to write it in C and compile it. Plus, if you are working on
x86, ARM, etc, (except SH4) you can use LuaJIT and get the same
performance (or near).

Since I am the first and only user of this, it probably has lots of
bugs, compile or install problems; so
feel free to flame me, send issues, patches, or whatever. I'll be
happy to answer.

Thanks,
Ezequiel.