[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANN] DirectFB meets Lua
- From: Ezequiel García <elezegarcia@...>
- Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 21:15:05 -0300
I've been working on a DirectFB binding for Lua for some time now and
it has grown into
For those of you that have no idea what am I talking about:
- Lua is a really GREAT language that can be embedded almost anywhere.
- DirectFB is a (not so) thin library that let you do wonders on top
of a framebuffer.
Moreover, I think Lua is a great glue language and this binding has
been very helpful when trying new DFB functions, testing some code or
looking for a bug.
You will find it is much much easier to write a small test script in
Lua than to write it in C and compile it. Plus, if you are working on
x86, ARM, etc, (except SH4) you can use LuaJIT and get the same
performance (or near).
Since I am the first and only user of this, it probably has lots of
bugs, compile or install problems; so
feel free to flame me, send issues, patches, or whatever. I'll be
happy to answer.