On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 February 2012 20:39, Sam Roberts <vieuxtech@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anybody have opinions on this?
>
> I believe Diego fixed this already - see the code in
> http://code.matthewwild.co.uk/luasocket2-hg

Thanks, I won't bother fixing socket.select, then.

I don't see any sign that he fixed the first bug, the one effecting
the original poster (usocket.c:socket_waitfd()), so I still fixed
that:

https://github.com/sam-github/luasocket/commits/fix-unchecked-fdset-bounds/

> Yet another sign we need to merge and make a new release :)

I've been working away at it, sporadically. We don't have any specific
problems with luasocket right now (that I haven't fixed), so until we
actually need IPv6 support, its hard to get time.

Anyhow, I've pulled your branch into github using hg-git (which you
should be able to use to pull from git, btw):

https://github.com/sam-github/luasocket/tree/hg-ipv6-support

To anybody interested in this: I had to do some funky stuff because
the hg history didn't start from a public tarfile, and actually
exposed a bug in github - the history it shows at the above link is
wrong, follow these directions to get Mathew's mercurial history from
github:

https://github.com/sam-github/luasocket/commit/d9e11dd80fc49668e731c392a15b7628a4a3aaf1

Cheers,
Sam