Hi all

we are running a freeswitch based application that uses intensively the Lua XML-RPC library. Everything runs perfectly fine until we reach 12-15 calls/sec, which can be safely assumed to mean to 12-15 http requests/seq. At that point some of the invocations of xmlrpc.http "call" method fails with either with "Resource Temporarily unavailable" or "Bad file descriptor". If we push it a bit harder, freeswitch dies:

Core was generated by `./freeswitch -nc -ncwait -nonat'.
#0  0x00002aaab291dd70 in socket_recv () from /usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/socket/core.so

I read here: http://wiki.voiceworks.pl/display/~pawel/Luasocket+core+dumps+in+socket_waitfd that usage of poll instead of select  was preferred. I just tried it and in a test environment it woks perfect, I've been able to reach more than 20 calls/sec without a single failure. However, I'm not really sure of what I'm doing and I'd like to know if this change could have any side effect. What do you think?

Regards

Javier