On 21/02/2012 5:58 PM, steve donovan wrote:
I second Dirk, I'd use "sequence", for what you now name lists.
Still not convinced.

Other obvious names:

Array
Vector

Sorry I lost the thread, are we talking about the python-like lists in Penlight? is there really a strong reason that such a thing should be present in ml. I'd start to question whether it passes the "Generality" test when Lua tables are already used quite naturally as sequential arrays.

I'm not sure I see the rationale. If it's just to provide python-like slicing then maybe a better approach is to add table:slice()

Or are these lazy lists? more like python generators or C++ iterators.

Changing the subject: ml seems a bit too much like ML to me (a well known functional language with many subgenres).

Ross.