On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 8:33 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>> It was thus said that the Great steve donovan once stated:
>
> Well, clearly he ain't so great then...
>
> We learn something everyday, sometimes in public ;)

I originally started to give the same self-recursion answer, but then
I looked at the luac bytecode between "local foo; function foo" and
"local function foo" and didn't see a GETGLOBAL in the latter.

This might be a Lua 4.0 habit from when we used to write modules like
"Public={} function Public.tbuff()". Or maybe it's from another
language.

Jay