This isn't bad stuff (though the name...) -- the individual functions
seems reasonable, and I can imagine using many of them in one
situation or another -- but I think it well illustrates the problem
with projects like this:  the set of functions provided seems kind of
arbitrary and all over the place.

Putting this random grab-bag of vaguely useful (but in many cases not
clearly very fundamental) functions into a single library seems
... wellllll ... not very Lua-ey...

The comments at the end make clear the danger -- "please add xxx
... but where do we stop?" -- but I'd go even farther and say it seems
_already_ too big and too "random", and that random grab-bag libraries
are not really what will make Lua more popular.

-miles

--
Future, n. That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends
are true and our happiness is assured.