[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Debug embedded Lua
- From: Joshua Jensen <josh.jjensen@...>
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:35:37 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Patrick Rapin
Date: 2/14/2012 10:13 AM
I now use Tilde  instead of LuaPlus's Remote Lua Debugger. Tilde is
supposedly architected to accept varying transport layers. It comes
with a TCP/IP layer.
I have already tried multiple times over several years to find a
solution to the following need, but with no or limited success.
What I wish is to remote debug Lua scripts in an embedded program or device.
In  there is an already impressive list of debugging solutions, but
none seems to fit the following requirements :
- No dependency on LuaSocket
- The communication layer between the debugger and debuggee can be
customized (I typically need USB channel)
- A GUI is much preferable to command line interfaces
- Lua 5.2 support would be a plus
I maintain a version of Tilde  with updated features at
My intention has been to add Lua 5.2 support, but it hasn't happened yet.