Tuna is a multi-threaded API that allows task-switching at the c/c++ level -- http://northarc.com/tuna

I have a candidate up which loads it as a native (shared library) module. The manual has been updated, and its available through http://northarc.com/tuna/downloads.html as a release candidate (0.4.2)

Two new examples demonstrate the functionality:

examples/require_test.lua
examples/requiretest_thread.lua

$ lua require_test.lua
with tuna.so "findable" works fine on my box (tm)

Looking forward to feedback on Tuna as a module. Up next I will be creating a VC project to do it as a DLL on win32-ish boxes. Also compiling some benchmarks with apples-to-apples comparisons with coroutine-only solutions. So far so good, but I don't want to publish anything until I'm quite sure of my data and methods.